martes, 7 de agosto de 2012

Well, well, well.


It didn't work out... the job. I was so excited about it, I already had my plans! I was so happy that finally I was going to be able to upgrade my photography equipment, but at the very end the dates changed and they are not working for me; I'm going to be on my midterms the days of the shooting. I cried the day my friend told me there was going to be a change of plans because I knew already that it wasn't going to work for me. 


I will be donating plasma, so I'm going to save the money they'll give me to buy the lens I want. I want to start working as a freelance photographer, mostly because I want to help my parents out, at least with my expenses; we're so tight on money, I'm worrying sick they will tell me they won't be able to pay for college anymore. I might be overreacting, but sometimes I'm scared about it. So I applied for some jobs; I'm still waiting to get a call from them. I really don't know if I'm a good applicant and if they will hire me - I really don't have that much confidence but I guess it's good to try -. The pay would be great for me, at least to pay for my school supplies, and extra credits. The real world sucks; being an adult is so scary.

On other news: I recently got a Pentax Asahi MX, with three lenses, and a Pentax AF 200S flash. It's a film camera, and when I bought it I asked the guys if it was still working, they told me it was still working, that I just needed to add a film roll and it was ready to go. I bought everything for about 50 bucks. When I got home I checked the manual on the Internet, and also looked through the viewfinder (something I should've done before buying it), and it was pitch black! I was able to see some numbers, but the mirror was definitely not working, so I took it downstairs for my boyfriend to see it, and we googled the issue. The mirror was stuck in the up position and there is no way I can make it to stay down. There were some steps to fix it but honestly I'm afraid I might make things worse. So I searched on eBay the prices for the camera and the lens, and the whole thing costs about 300-400 bucks! Even if the camera doesn't work, by selling it for parts I will get more money from it than returning it and getting my 50 bucks back. The lens are beautiful, that's the only thing that keeps me from selling the whole thing, so I'll take the camera somewhere to see if it can be repaired, hopefully.

I also developed a film roll that I used with my Argus C3 -a camera that was given to me on May by my mom's friend-. The photos turned out really pretty and I was surprised when I opened the package because I was expecting a bunch of terribly over/underexposed images, but only half of the roll turned out that way, the rest were a successful first try!  
 

I also got a Diana+ that one my boyfriend's friends gave to me. I still need to go and check if they sell some 120 rolls in a local photography store. My boyfriend and I are planning on selling some prints once we get our lomography thing started on a local market that's always held the first Sunday of every month. I'm also considering the possibility of selling some on Etsy and Redbubble too. So, yeah, I guess it's going to be really stressful and interesting this next semester. Hope everything works out for me and everybody.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario