viernes, 17 de agosto de 2012

PROJECTS

I've been neglecting my blog but the reason is I'm building up material to share. Last week I ordered a CANON EF f/1.8 II and two days ago I finally had it in my hands. I was originally going to buy the CANON EF f/1.4 USM but I didn't get the money, so I decided to go for the cheaper option, still, I've fallen in love with this lens. I've been testing it out these days and I just can't stop taking photos. I choose the most silly objects and even it these aren't very interesting the results always amaze me. 

I have three photography projects in mind and in these weeks I hope I can get all the elements together in order to shoot the photos I want. One of them is more like a documentary project that I will be presenting in a photography class I'm taking right now, another one will be a series of surrealist portraits that will talk about my views on religion, the esoteric, and my philosophy, and the third will have to wait because I want to portrait Edgar Allan Poe; I'll try to choose important parts of his life and mix them with some of his short stories but first I need to read more about him, re-read some of the stories and find the model. I was thinking of picking my boyfriend but he has short hair at the time and I want to make it as close as possible to Poe's appearance. 

Anyways, I've had a terrible month full of disappointments and cancelled plans, I'm optimistic though because I've been very active creatively speaking, and I'm happy about that. I'm actually proud because all these ideas are stuff that came out of my head without anyone's help. I also have an idea for a 3D project (not like 3D movies). I'm thinking about doing a scenery but that will be explained after I have all the elements together.


And well, I shouldn't post without showing some pictures I guess:







Yeah, I know, these are actually pretty random but I was just testing the lens out. It's kind of difficult at first because the focus ring is really soft and it's very easy to have a photo with a failed focus, I was also testing it in low-light situations and I was very pleased with the results.

2 comentarios:

  1. *.* Que bonito lente has adquirido
    Ha de ser bien interesante crear/organizar proyectos de foto con alguien como tú. ¡Que sigas adquiriendo más equipo fotográfico!

    ResponderEliminar